LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Beginning June 20, fire restrictions will be implemented on Bureau of Land Management lands within the Colorado River District. The district’s 5.4 million acres of public lands in western Arizona extend from southern Mohave County, along the Colorado River, through La Paz and Yuma Counties and include the management of a small strip of land in southeastern California. Visitors to the area are encouraged to plan before recreating in the area and check for updates for local weather and fire conditions, as localized closures and restrictions are subject to change.
Beginning June 20, 2019, until rescinded, the following are prohibited:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove other than in a developed campsite or picnic area where agency-built campfire rings and grills are provided.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or in a developed recreation site at least six feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Welding or the use of any torch, metal cutting or grinding implement.
- Fireworks, exploding targets and incendiary devices (prohibited year-round).
- Kingman Field Office Only: Discharging a firearm except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal or tribal laws and regulations.
Pressurized liquid or gas stoves, grills or lanterns that include shut-off valves are permitted when used in an area of at least six feet or more clear from flammable material such as grass and brush.
Any person who knowingly and willfully violates the regulations shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than 12 months, or both. In addition, such persons will be liable to the United States for damages through either an administrative process or in United States federal court.
Fire restrictions can vary by agency and jurisdictions. Know before you go, learn more about current fire restrictions and current fire situations at https://wildlandfire.az.gov/ .